This is a list of what you need to know about using Facebook for your Business. Using Facebook for business is the best first step to get your company in front of millions of potential customers and clients.
- You need to have an account on Facebook in order to create a Page for your business.
- Your business Page will be tied to your personal profile as the admin of your page; however, only you and Facebook need to know the connection exists.
- You have the option of always interacting on your Page as your Page and keeping your personal profile protected. Or, you could choose to feature your profile in the “About” section and also engage on your own page from time to time as your profile, if you wish.
- You can have an unlimited number of Facebook Pages.
- You can have an unlimited number of fans (Facebook users who “Like” your page).
- Facebook Pages are public—anyone can find and view your Page whether they are logged into Facebook or not.
- All content posted on your Facebook Page gets indexed on Google.
- You can target your posts by location and language. (Look for the button right next to the “Post” button).
- The new Timeline design will automatically apply to all Pages from March 30th, 2012.
- Just like your personal profile, you can add a large cover image to your Page. The dimensions are the same, 851x315px.
- Facebook has tight rules around what cannot be placed on Page cover images, including no contact information or calls to action.
- You can add applications to your page, including your own custom content—video, rich text, graphics, opt-in box and more.
- You can add additional Admins (highly recommended).
- All Admins have equal rights to administer your page, including adding and removing other Admins (choose with care!).
Contact us, if you have any questions.